Cherokee-Blackfoot Indian? Everyone tells me it's not possible?

My question is more to get a little background on my heritage. My gramma on my moms side was full blooded Cherokee Indian. My grandpa on my moms side was full blooded Blackfoot Indian. I recently tried to find out if i could join either of the tribes and alot of the information I was getting was saying that my... show more My question is more to get a little background on my heritage. My gramma on my moms side was full blooded Cherokee Indian. My grandpa on my moms side was full blooded Blackfoot Indian. I recently tried to find out if i could join either of the tribes and alot of the information I was getting was saying that my "mix" of blood couldnt happen. I know for a fact that both of my grandparents were those 2 different kinds of american indian because they are both registered members of their tribe. Does anyone know of anyway I can physically prove this? Is that a website I can go to and find their names? My father was full blooded Italian so I look more italian than anything. I have been on many different reservations for missions trips and the elders all tell me I look like a white girl but I have the spirit of an Indian lol Any help would be great. I was adopted right after I was born so I have a limited amount of information on my family history. The information I do have was given by my birth mother to my parents so I would at least know so of my history