A good meat spaghetti sauce recipe with Ragu?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Does anyone have any suggestions? I have a jar of Ragu but I'm getting tired of plain spaghetti sauce.
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
Brown ground beef with onions and garlic and a dash of Worcestershire sauce. When meat is brown and cooked through add the jarred pasta sauce and simmer until heated through. Simple! (I would say add some Italian seasonings like dried basil and oregano, but according to the commercial you don't need it- he he)

Asker's rating & comment

5 out of 5
Thanks dear! I tried this last night and it was delicious.
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (8)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • ginas answered 5 years ago
    You can brown some ground meat mixed with some oregano, basil, parsley, garlic powder. Drain the grease and add to your sauce, heat up and you'll have a nice meat sauce.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Hambone answered 5 years ago
    Just brown up a pound of Italian sausage, hot preferred, with an onion and maybe a green pepper if you like. Add this to the plain marinara sauce and you will be pleasantly surprised at how much different it tastes.

I personally do not use jarred sauces, I make my own plain sauce then use it in many different ways.... cattiatore, lasagna, clam sauces, etc.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Toots answered 5 years ago
    This is what I use...it's cheap, easy, and delicious...
    I use ground turkey instead of beef; browned in a pan (cheaper and not as fattening..and remember to DRAIN well before adding to sauce)
    Add a dash or two of Italian Seasoning (has garlic, etc in it)...
    If you have onions, peppers or the like, you can saute these before putting them into your sauce as well...
    I also add a jar of mushrooms to it also.
    Looks and tastes like it's homemade...
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • amora answered 5 years ago
    Add mushrooms, spices - cumin, chili powder etc. to give it a kick.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • icybicycle answered 5 years ago
    I love to cook up some hamburger fried with onions.Then drain and add mushrooms and peppers and garlic to the mix before adding the jar of sauce.It makes your meal chunkier and smells heavenly.
    Don't forget to add oregano and basil at the last minute!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • chefcfp answered 5 years ago
    add mushrooms, no fat but gives "meaty" mouthfeel
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Amy M answered 5 years ago
    Yes. You could cook the ground chuck or beef in a pan with onions and garlic. Drain well and add it to the sauce or you can make meatballs. Here is an excellent recipe i found on the back of a ragu jar.

1 pound lean ground beef
    1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
    1 egg

Mix all together and shape into meatballs and drop into the simmering sauce. Let it cook for 30 minutes.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Alex answered 5 years ago
    Try experimenting with the sauce like add meat or garlic, whatever you want.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock