Mock Trial ....... plz help me if u're lawyer or good in dis kinda of stuff...?

here is the Mock trial plz read till the end .... what I'm doing is defending the school district .. so plz help me defend the school district in dis following trial >> Dennis Dawkins v. the Mayville school District A Mock trial... show more here is the Mock trial plz read till the end .... what I'm doing is defending the school district .. so plz help me defend the school district in dis following trial >>

Dennis Dawkins v. the Mayville school District

A Mock trial

Dennis Dawkins was a 38-year old physical education teacher at Mayville High in Mayville, Centralia, located in the upper Mid-West of the united state. He had been an employee of the school district for 9 years.
On February 10 of 2007 Dawkins was fired from his job. His principal, Kenneth Kane, claimed that Dawkins had violated the schools anti-racism policy in his classes, by separating the white and black boys during gym classes. According to Kane, he received complaints from students and parents about this practice, and had ordered Dawkins twice-in 2005 and 2006 to end it. And on October 20, 2006 Kane formally reprimanded Dawkins, in writing. Finally, after learning that Dawkins was continuing his “policy of segregation,” Kane fired him. The superintendent of the school district, and school board, supported Kane’s decision.
Dawkins insists that he did nothing wrong. He points out that the school district’s anti-racism policy, which “prohibits discriminatory or unfair treatment of any student based on race,” gave him the latitude to separate student based on ability, which is what he says he did. He admits that his class teams were, often times, all-black or all-white, but that this was done because of the students’ abilities, not because of race. He further argues that very few students or parents, ever complained about this practice, which had continued for nearly nine years.
Dawkins insists filed suit in Centralia Superior court, alleging unfair he was unfairly fired publicly humiliated, and made a public spectacle. He claims that his wife and two children, aged 15 & 16, have suffered embarrassment and harassment because of continuing debate, in the newspaper and throughout the town, over his firing. He asked that he be reinstated at the school, awarded back pay, and award $2 million in actual damages and $ 5 million in punitive damages.
The student parents and residents are deeply divided over Dawkins’ firing, and many are prepared to testify, either for Dawkins or for the school district.
The jury – citizens of Centralia will be asked to determine whether, in this case Dawkins was unlawfully fired from his job.
2 answers 2