me
me asked in EnvironmentOther - Environment · 1 decade ago

Why live in a cold city?

just curious why people choose to live in really cold cities when they could just move to a warmer city? is there something about the cold weather you like?

Best Answer

Some people enjoy the cold. Some dislike heat. Others may choose where they live based on factors other than weather.

As for me, I've lived in Chicago and Houston. I much prefer Chicago. Sure winters may be tough, but summers are much gentler. I also prefer having four seasons. Houston has 9 months of summer, then 3 months of a non-season. After one year it becomes redundant and boring.

I live in a warm place now, but I used to live in a cold city. I really liked walking into a pub with an open fireplace and a nice atmosphere when it was freezing outside. I also like rugging up in scarves, gloves and beanies and then taking them all off when you get inside. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I have spent most of my life in really warm places (Australia), so now I appreciate the seasons more.

I'm sure if I lived somewhere that was always cold, I would get sick of it after a while.

• Sal

I like the change of seasons. I like snow. I like when it is cold outside. I find summers to be too hot and I prefer my summers mild.

Many people enjoy cold weather activities suck as snowboarding, skiing, hockey, ice fishing etc.