Please help with these Dilemmas!!!?

Dilemma 1: In Europe, a woman is near death from cancer. There is one drug that the doctors think might save her. It is a form of radium that a druggist in the same town has recently discovered. The drug is expensive to make, but the druggist is charging 10 times what the drug cost him to make. He paid $200 for the radium and is charging $2,000 for a small dose of the drug. The sick woman’s husband, Heinz, goes to everyone he knows to borrow the money, but he can get together only about $1,000. He tells the druggist his wife is dying and asks him to sell the drug for $1,000 now and the rest later. The druggist says, “No, I discovered the drug and I’m going to make money from it.” Heinz is desperate and considers breaking into the man’s store to steal the drug for his wife. Should he? Why or why not?

Dilemma 2: John and Mary are taking a class together and are strongly attracted to one another. They want to have sex together, but John is married, though the marriage is having difficulties. Should they sleep together? Why or why not?

Dilemma 3: Dr. Johnson makes decisions about which patients have access to a kidney machine. Patients who do not get access will die. There are far more people who need the machine than can be accommodated by it, so there is a waiting list for those not yet on it. Dr. Johnson’s young daughter is injured in a car accident and has kidney damage. She needs access to the machine to live. Should Dr. Johnson take another patient off the machine to put his daughter on? Why or why not?

Dilemma 4: You are shopping with a friend when you notice that your friend is shoplifting. You look around and notice that the store manager is watching you. What should you do? Why?

Favorite Answer

1. The husband shouldn't steal the drug, not because I think that it's wrong, but because he could potentially get really hurt. If he gets caught, injured, or killed then he won't be able to get her the drug anyway. He could likely get physically harmed also, because he doesn't know how to handle what I think is a type of radioactive medication. He could steal $1000 and pay for the drug. Since he sounds like a good guy he could even pay his victim back later and apologize. He would probably do best stealing a car, since muggings have low yields and a high chance for a struggle, burglary has the same risk of a struggle.

2. No, they should not sleep together, because he is married. If he gets divorced, then it's OK after the divorce is complete.

3. Don't take anyone off the machine, but as soon as one opens up he should put her on it. Bumping someone off the list is bad, but if there's no other way then he has to do it. OR send her to another better hospital, he's a doctor, so he should have that kind of money and connections.

4. Tell them to put it back or they are on their own. I'm always the driver, so this could backfire for some people, and if I was too far to walk I would tell them I'd meet them outside. That way I at least wouldn't be in the initial chase and description.

Is this just a list of made up circumstances for a poll question?

_____ E _ D _ I _ T _____

Doesn't Germany have Centralized/socialized/government medical care/insurance?

Source(s): I have a particular set of skills :)