I am thinking about getting an iPhone...?

I am using a normal Samsung 3g phone (SGH-A747, AT&T) as of right now, but I am thinking about buying an iPhone 3g because I'm starting to get tired of my Samsung phone. A few questions: a. Will I have to sign a contract even if I don't buy it from Apple or the AT&T store? Like buying one on Ebay or Amazon, or even Craigslist? b. If I end up getting an iPhone 3G, (not at the Apple or AT&T store), will AT&T start charging me more per month? The internet is disabled on my normal plan as of right now anyway so I don't have to worry about internet fees. c. Will my 3G sim card work with the iPhone or do I have to get a specific one? I heard all you have to do is switch them around but I don't know if any complications would arise from doing simply this.

Thank you for your time.

Favorite Answer

if you are willing to pay $30 a month for your iphone then get it. the ability to browse the web anywhere has been well worth it for me. but if you don't want to pay for the web. keep your old phone and pick up an ipod touch. it is basically an iphone without the phone. it has wi-fi, apps, extra, but you don't have to pay a fee

dont listen to any of these people, there is no phone that can compare to this iphone, i had the 2g for 3 years, and the 3g now for a year and a half and i STILL love it. But the thing is you would need to get the internet plan, you can use your sim card, but you will be charged for internet. the thing is i get it unlocked for tmobile so i dont need the interenet plan

Dont buy an iphone, they are overpriced and they do have their problems, like cant transfer files via bluetooth and so on, searc for i phone problems on google and ull see.

I recommend LG cell phones, they are way better than iphone, all of their recent models are touche screen and feature rich. check out the ku-990 viewty or the lg kc 910 renoir or their cheapest touch screen the lg cookie.

you can read the detailed reviews of them all here: http://mobilepurchaseguide.com/

ew dont get the iphone wat a waste of money! i hate those things! idk y people would wanna spend a bunch of money on that dumb piece of junk. im srry but i just HATE those

if u want a touch screen just get a dif touch screen its so much more worth it

DONT GET THE IPHONE!