Really need some opinions on this please?

Filing for unemployment in texas?

My husband recently quit his job, he was not being paid for mandatory meetings and there was a law suit filed and settled and so many employees including himself were rewarded a settlement. Next they were informed that many employees information, ss number all personal info was stolen off their computers. Along with being displeased with the company and all what I have written would he be eligible for unemployment or should we even waste their time. many thanks! btw he is struggling to find work, he worked there 3 years, loved his job but was fed up with how unorganized the company was. He didn't quit to be lazy and has never filed for unemployment before.

Favorite Answer

b supportive help him find another job.

The rule in most states is if you quit a job, there is no unemployment benefits paid. If he had been fired, or laid off then there would be. I would still file, but ask to talk to a benefits counselor and explain all that went on at his job. I wish him luck finding a job.