why am i always wet down below and im only fifteen?

i was wondering if anyone could help i have tryed Reading other peoples answers in different questions but there is just to many things each time i go to the toilet i im soaking even my underwear is soaked it is so annoying when im trying to life my life like a normal teenager there is also a smell but im not sure what it smells like i cant quite describe it but it does not smell like urine or fish any help here?

Best Answer

Two things will make you wet "down there"... both are normal and healthy, they both have a scent, and they're *supposed* to happen.

1) Your genitals keep themselves clean and healthy by sort of "rinsing" themselves with the fluids that they make (this will happen constantly beginning in early puberty, 24/7 for the rest of your life, but you won't always notice it)... sometimes there's quite a bit of fluid and it can leak out a *lot*, so wearing panty liners or even light pads can be a good thing to help keep your clothes clean.

2) When your body is aroused sexually ("turned on" or "horny", even if you're not doing or thinking anything sexual) your genitals will get wetter and slipperier... sometimes very, *very* wet... so that a penis can slide in there comfortably if you have sex like it's telling you it wants (you don't have to, of course).

I'm a cook, so the only things I can really compare the healthy scent of a vagina/vulva to are foods and such... and the nearest I can think of is a fairly mild combination of fresh oysters and grated truffles (the savory mushrooms, not the sweet chocolates) - musky and usually more on the sea-like side, but not "fishy" and certainly not unpleasant.

It often smells stronger when you're sexually aroused or when you're sweaty after exercise or have spent most of a day in tight pants or clinging underwear, but not always... and it tastes much like it smells, but it's a little bit salty and less sweet than the scent suggests. (Don't be afraid to taste: it can give you info that your eyes and nose - even your *doctor* - can't provide you with, in addition to the fact that it's probable your boyfriend(s) and/or husband(s) are gonna do that anyhow if they have any brains... and it's sure not gonna hurt *them*.)

If this "discharge" is clear or slightly milky (might be tinted faintly yellow or brown), slippery to maybe a little sticky or stretchy, and smells "earthy, animal and a little like the ocean", it's almost certainly healthy and good. If it smells truly fishy or otherwise bad, especially if it itches or feels irritated, then it's probably an infection and you should see a doc.

Beleive it or not you are actually living your life like a normal teenager, your just reaching sexual maturity and your hormones are going haywire, they will settle down, your probably imagining any smell or if there is one because your stressed about it any smell will seem 100 time stronger than it actually is. You should maybe see your doctor if you really want assurances but he will just tell you more or less the same thing and nothing to worry about

I'm 14 and the same thing happens to me.

It feels like water or something, it's so gross feeling to me.

My doctor said it's like a wet dream to a guy, but we aren't like horny or anything.

Our body is preparing itself to mature.

Have you started your period?

Because i did this for like a solid 6 months before I got my first and now it does it in between.

So gay, i know.

Hope this helps.

its just discharge its perfectly normal, wear panti liners (they are liek v thin pads) this will help the underwear soaking problem etc

I agree with the first answer but get a checkup!

if the smell is unpleasant maybe its a yeast infection

Wear panty liners. They will help until this problem is solved

It's normal, don't worry...

dont worry, it might help to masturbate.

Fish.. ew. Try bathing more.. Have you had your period? It might be discharge.. But were a pad while this is happening.

lol