Is it worth going to California Adventure?

My partner wants to go, I hate extreme rides, but want some other things to do, I thought Universal studios could be a compromise but we only have one day free for theme parks, we've done the Disneyland, so which is the best pick other than that? any tips on what the parks pro and cons are? thanks in advance.

Favorite Answer

California Adventure is worth the price there is allot to do there, not as much as Disneyland but still allot.

There is Turtle Talk with crush it is an interactive show and is hilarious, every time we go we go to Turtle Talk at least twice it is a must see.

There is Aladdin the musical in the Hyperion Theater it is a 40 minute show and is worth admission alone the theater is amazing, they usually do at least two showings of this. If this is something you want to do you must get there early the place is always packed, if you book a package through Walt Disney Travel you receive premium seats and don't have to get there as early and the waiting area is not as bad.

Toy story Mania is also a must do it is a 4D ride in which you wear 3D glasses and you are doing carnival type games, like ring toss, shooting at balloon's, plates and such it is something we do twice when we go it is so much fun, since it is a newer ride the lines to get long, but sometimes you can catch a break and only wait as much as 15 minutes.

Soarin over California is another ride that is a must, of course you are soarin over California and different scents will be immersed around you, it is a somewhat calming ride, at least for me, this ride has Fastpass so if the lines get to long you can grab fastpass's and return at a later time. I also love Monsters inc ride it is like the movie it is a ride I always do.

If you are a thrills person there is The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror this ride is something that even my mom who is a thrills person rode once and that was enough for her, you go up to the 13 floor in and elevator and drop several times it may seen a little to real for some people, but you may enjoy.

There is also California Screamin which is a roller coaster it is one of the best roller coasters it is very smooth so you are not jolting around allot like you may get on some other roller coasters. they also have the Pixar Play Parade which is a nice parade that of course features Pixar characters.

My boyfriend is not an extreme rides person and he always has a blast here so I am sure you would as well. Plus one nice pro would be the fact you could just get the amount of days you will be there and make them a parkhopper which will save you money, instead of having to drive or pay for transportation to Universal Studios and tickets, you will save more money by going to just Disneyland and California Adventure as a park hopper.

Hope this helps you and Enjoy! *Jena

Source(s): Annual Passholder
  • dick

Is California Adventure Worth It

California Adventure is still the ugly stepsister of Disneyland. However, it does have some VERY cool things like Soarin' Over California, and the Aladdin Show at the Hyperion Theater. Those two things are really worth the price of admission. You can also spend quite a bit of time in the Animation building, especially if you are a fan of animation. Toy Story's Midway Madness is a very fun interactive ride.

I used to love roller coasters, but now find myself feeling a bit queasy when riding the coasters now. However, I have a 7YO who really loves them, and I can't ride them all day like I used to. I really enjoy California Screamin'. It's SUCH a smooth ride. If you ride in the front, you don't really get that feeling. Grizzly River Run isn't so much extreme, but rather a really wet raft ride. It's very refreshing on a hot day. The Tower of Terror does take you up and down very fast, but it has a really cool "Twilight Zone" theme and story line.

Universal is cool to go to once every few years. I'm just not into that whole "Hollywood" thing.

Knott's is nothing but extreme rides, most of which are all faster than the fastest ride at Disneyland. Same with Magic Mountain.

I may a bit biased, but I would go with California Adventure or Universal.

• Jeff H

Well, speaking from experience I have enjoyed my trips to California Adventures. I am not into roller coasters or other extreme rides however I always find things to keep me occupied there. As mentioned in some of the previous answers Soarin' Over California is well worth the time it takes to get on the rider. If you do not mind getting wet then the Grizzly River Run is great. I generally do both of these at least a couple of times while I am there..I find it well worth it. If you want to know more about the rides check out the Disney California Adventures website:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_CA/p...

Which will tell you what is there, what is open and closed, and what other activities are planned.

Although I like Disneyland more than California Adventure, I would recommend going if you are up for it. The last time I went, it was my second time and the only real reason I had gone was for Sorin' Over California. It is the most amazing ride I have ever been on. I was only expecting to go over for about an hour, ride Sorin' and leave. I ended up spending about 3 hours there and definitely could have spent more. Though there aren't that many great rides there, there are a couple that I think make it worthwhile.

The first one is obviously Sorin' Over California. I enjoy that ride so much. It is the most amazing feeling you get when your seats lift up and you "soar over California". I didn't think it was going to be as good as it was, but believe me, you will want to ride this one over and over. The one thing I would tell you is to use the singles line because the line is usually really long. The singles line is used to fill up any single empty seats that no other party can fill. You usually are on the same ride as your group, since each ride fits roughly 90 people. If you aren't though, there is only one exit so it is easy to meet up with your group after the ride is over.

The second ride you should go on is Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. I went on it two years ago and was scared silly. This time though, I had a friend with me and decided that I would just do it. It is not that scary, and the drops are not too bad. Even if you don't like the drops, the special effects are amazing, so I would go on it just for that. Also, even if you end up not liking it, the ride is over so fast you don't even know it.

I would also go on Toy Story Mania. I wasn't expecting too much from it the first time I went on it, but it was REALLY COOL. The 3D is so cool and it was a ton of fun. The ride was a little short for my liking, especially since the line was fairly long. I would recommend doing this even though the line is sometimes long. Since there is not that much to do in California Adventure, I would wait in the line.

The other ride I would try if you have time is Mulholland Madness. It is a small roller coaster and shouldn't scare you if you are afraid of roller coasters. It is super short and the line is too long for what it is, but I still like it. At the top you make some sharp turns where you feel like you are going to fall off the edge. Some people do not like this ride because there are a lot of sharp turns, but the actual ride is incredibly smooth. If you have time, I would go on this.

Many people would also say to go on California Screamin'. I have not been on it because I was scared of roller coasters until this year, but my friends have been on it and said that it was a really fun roller coaster. I have also heard that it is very smooth, which will make for a good ride. It is over quickly, so if you don't like it you should be okay. The lines are often long, so if you don't want to go in the singles line you should try to go in the morning or use a fastpass.

• DongOk

Me and my family so loved Cali. Adv. We lived 5 hours away and would go and just hang out there all day. It is so different from Disneyland with still being totally Disney. The Mission Tortilla Factory is so cool. There is also a sour dough bread tour (I can't remember the name of that) The Aladdin show is so awesome. Fun boardwalk with games and face painting. Kid rides and wild big kid rides. We live a lot farther away now and can't go anymore and do we miss Disneyland and especially California Adventure. We had so many wonderful times there. I do hope you go.

California Adventures is Fun, but now is not the time, because eveything is closed or gettin re-done. Go later in 2009 or 2010 when everyhting will be redone and new rides will be there.

ITS DECENT BUT ITS WORTH THE PRICE I LIKED IT

its an experience