Organic Jar food VS Home made?

Hi there, my daughter is 7 months old and i have just started to introduce her to solids, im a first time mum so id like some advice, our doctor said fresh fruit juice in the morning, some yogurt in the afternoon and night time baby pudding at night - anyway, id like to know the pros and cons of giving my baby organic jar food, what do you think? less hassle and even more healthier because its organic? more variety in flavors? or is home made food the way to go? thanks for all your answers...

one more thing... how do i make the food at home if i were to?

Favorite Answer

I started out doing home made, but it is hard to do the great mixes you can get at the store. I have since gone to using pre made food and if you look at it, it is just the fruit or veggie and water. I don't see anything wrong with it. Definitely less time consuming and so many options. I think my daughter likes the variety. She is starting to lean away from all baby food now though and she wants more table food.

Good luck!

Source(s): Mother of one year old

well, the way I see it are those foods are just a label and a promise, whereas if you make your own you know what is in there 100%. But unless you are actually growing your own veggies and such the only difference is I'm sure the jarred foods contain some type of preservative. If thats not an issue for you, then feel free to use one or the other or a combo of both...homemade when you have the time and jarred when you are on the run.

• Diggs

I'm thinking about making my next baby's food as well. I was actually looking it up yesterday and found some good sites. The first one tells how to do it, and the next two are just some things I found that would probably be useful when doing it from home.

• I started Olivia on solids at 5 months...I've used Earth's Best Organic Baby foods from the beginning. Im really happy with them and shes 9 months now. I also incorporate fresh fruit, veggies, and yogurt and cheeses with her too.

if you choose to make your own check out this website for recipes

wholesomebabyfood.com

you can make the food, blend it, and the freeze it in covered ice cube trays to store....

• Dana R

If you're willing to home cook her food I say go for it. Even though the jar food is organic it still has preservatives. There is nothing better than freshly cooked food.

I didn't go through all that with my two kids, but for those moms who want to cook everything I say go for it! Good luck!

I think if you have the time to make it go ahead and do it. It's alot fresher and you know what your baby is eating. But if you don't have the time then just buy the organic jars. Its all about time really.

Source(s): Mommy to 5 week old Alyssa.