Henry 007 asked in 社會與文化語言 · 1 decade ago

If a man backs away from fight

I have got a question,

If a man backs away from a first fight, how would you view him?

Would you find him a coward or a peace-createor or a real man?

To be more specific, is being challenged to a fight, and no one likes to

back away and looks like a girl.

I think you are absolutely right, fantastic mate, to be honest, I have had

lots of fight with neighbours for no reasons when I was a boy

Oh My God ,Peter , Can I call you Pete if you don''t mind,

you look like my teacher, but things that you explained, it's absolutely

fantastic , I like it. thank you cheers mate

Rating
  • Peter
    Favorite Answer

First of all, you have to determine the purpose and consequence of a fight. If the fight is about defending something important to you, stepping out to a fight is courageous, even if you lose eventually. But if the fight is about something unimportant or unworthy of all the effort, or if it may cause greater lost and conflict, then it is foolish and unwise, even if you win.

If you fight, fight for a reason. And, if you decide to strike, strike to win. However, winning doesn't narrowly mean the state that you eventually stand down on your opponent who is lying on the ground. Instead, a greater meaning of winning a fight is to really solve the problem, instead of creating a greater conflict.

Take the examples of wars (a much larger scale of fight) taken place in the history of mankind. Who is the ultimate winner benifiting from all the damage caused? None. One loses one way or the other, eventually. So, competing who has a bigger fist ain't cool. Refraining from swinging the fist is cool. That's what nations with nuclear weapons are trying to do---avoiding conflict even if they have absolute winning chance. The best way to win a fight is to solve the problem behind it.

However, in some circumstances, you have to fight back to gain respect from others. If you have to do so, fight fair and square, or else you won't gain any respect even if you win.

Living in the man's world, conflict is inevitable. Doing nothing or running away is coward. Fighting ferociously without thinking at all is what we say 有勇無謀. Face a fight with your head, not with your fist. That's a wiser approach.

2009-02-24 16:24:33 補充:

correction:

stepping "forward" to a fight

2009-02-25 14:28:00 補充:

To henryhuang07,

It's just my two cents, but I'm glad you found something helpful in it.

And, Pete is ok with me.

都是大寫很難看的懂....

XD

• 幾米

IT DEPENDS ON HOW THE FIGHT WOULD BE? IF IT'S A MEANINGFUL FIGHT OR MEANINGLESS? IF IT'S FOR THE PURPOSE OF PROTECTING THE FAMILY OR REPUTATION OR THE JUSTICE? IF IT'S FOR THE PURPOSE FOR PROTECTING POOR OR WEAK PEOPLE FROM VIOLATION? IF YES, THEN I THINK WE SHOULD FIGHT, BUT IF NOT THEN I THINK WALK AWAY WOULD BE BETTER.

HOW DO YOU THINK?

ANYWAY, FIGHT OR NOT FIGHT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH "BEING LIKE A GIRL OR NOT".

2009-02-24 17:12:43 補充:

NO MATTER IF YOU WIN OR LOOSE FROM THE FIGHT, THE RESULT ALWAYS POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE AT SAME TIME. YOUR OWN JUDGEMENT WOULD BE THE BEST GUIDANCE FOR YOU, BECAUSE IN THE END YOU YOURSELF WILL HAVE TO BARE THE CONSEQUENCE, ISN'T IT?