Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 1 decade ago

Should i do Judo or BJJ?

Judo or BJJ which should i do?

I like Judo more but i like them both a lot.BJJ seems more effective since it teaches alot more ground game than Judo a BJJ guy would probable beat a Judo guy on paper.

Best Answer

judo hands down

look the Creator (r.i.p)

got dominated by a judo black belt

go on YouTube and search Helio

vs. judo

I would definetly recomend Judo, simply for the fact that in adition to excellent throws and take downs, at a good school you will learn many of the same ground techniques as BJJ.

BTW it is much easier to defend a take down from a BJJ person then it is a Judo ka, all other things being equal, because many BJJ schools do not focus heavily on take downs and throws, and many Judo throws are designed to end the fight right there.

Do Judo at a really good Judo school. everyone does BJJ. But make sure the teacher is good and the students are bada$$es and kick your butt every single second of every single day. That is the only way to get good. Then add BJJ to it.

Judo focus more on throws and BJJ focus more on the submissions.

I trained in BJJ, but I can see that judo is much more useful on the street as it will give you more chance of being able to survive a fight against multiple opponents.

Do make sure that the judo school is a good one.

Good luck

• Tamara

1) Knees together, pull your opponents arm in the direction opposite their thumb (preferably keep the thumb up), keep your butt close to their shoulder, elevate your hips. (there's probably more) 2) If you are facing south at the beginning of the throw, an Ogoshi throw is in about the E-NE direction if you are fighting in a right handed position (left hand initiating the pull, right hand on the opponent's back). You are throwing the opponent over your back more to the side than forward. 3) Never used any leglocks (I'm primarily a Judo guy) but I'm going to guess that it's an ankle lock. 4) The ankle is a very fragile joint with a lot of tendons and bones that can be broken very quickly. A heelhook can do tremendous damage very quickly unless your opponent knows how to counteract it. An inexperienced training partner not only won't know where to move to relieve pressure, but they may panic and move in a direction that increases the damage. EDIT: I re-enabled messaging. Great topic.

• Lily

judo bjj

Judo looks super boring and has very little application. Do BJJ.

I myself would take Judo. You'll learn all of the ground fighting techniques of BJJ plus nearly 100 throws and their henka. You will still learn all of the ground techniques in BJJ, you just won't practice them as much.

Source(s): Training in Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu (Ninjutsu) and other martial arts.

Judo, you get alot of groundwork and also know takedowns and defense that a BJJ guy doesnt

depends what your going to do with your skills if you wanna mess someone up do judo cuz the takedowns are sick bjj is fun cuz u can mess around with your friends and judo its hard to cuz you dont wanna hurt them with your takedowns.