Floops asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

What are some ways to stay drug free?

I'm just looking for a few ideas of how someone can stay drug free.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Become active in sports, especially team sports. Get involved in group activities and organizations. Go to the church of you choice and gain some insight into your mind, body, and soul. Choose your friends wisely. Remember that people often lower themselves to the lowest common denominator when involved in criminal activity. Drug use is like a cancer on your soul. It slowly eats away at you a piece at a time. You don't see it but your family and non-drug using friends start to pick up on it. At some point you just can't function at a proficient level and are condemned to servitude and menial jobs for the rest of your life. Of course it is always the fault of others that a drug abuser doesn't achieve.

Source(s): have been to hell and back and don't wish that on anyone
  • Jimbo
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Drop EVERY friend, relative, or associate that does drugs of any sort, including those who have drinking problems. Tell them: 'I need to take a year off for myself, and I'll check in with you in about a year. Take care...' Then do it. If you remain drug free for a year? You won't have any interest is seeing 95% of those folks again. You'll have new friends; better friends who can help you remain drug-free. Also; 12-step programs are a great first start, especially in the early days of sobriety. Don't worry about 'liking' these programs - just harness them to your advantage and your health. Good luck.

• 1 decade ago

To add to the others, a hobby could help keep your mind of drugs.

Source(s): Personal experience.
  • 1 decade ago

Get involved in sports and community jobs.Don't mixed with bad elements.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

personal responsibility.

if someone pressures you into doing something that you don't want to, just tell them that you don't want to, if they persist, tell them to f*ck off.

i smoke weed, but i respect peoples wishes not to, and anyone who does otherwise is not cool in my book.

• 1 decade ago

no caffiene, sugar, and type of meds basically no one is drug free.

• 1 decade ago

Easiest thing to do is say No

Source(s): im a recovered addict
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Just say no!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.