How do I reset my computer to the condition i had when it the first day of i got it and find the manufacturer?

i want to reset my computer like delete everything and make it new like the way they do it in computer shops and also I can't seem to find the manufacturer PLZ HELP

Favorite Answer

first i will answer your second question how to find the manufacturer of the computer. if not easily found on your laptop look at the bottom where the service tag is.Most companies plant their logo and name all over the bottom. It's usually the most over looked place. If you have a desktop look at the side of the cpu it usually has it there if not again look where the service tag is, that would be at the back.

Now restoring your cpu to manufacture settings. Depending if you are on windows xp or windows vista, hopefully on windows because im not sure about macs. but on windows xp there is no way without a disk from your manufacture. On windows vista it is usually on the hard drive it self. so if your computer is able to bring up the logo screen ( where the operating system loads) than you should be fine.

Step one: turn on your computer.

Step two: tap the key <F8> repeatedly until you get the advance boot options menu.**

Step three: Specify the language you would like.

Step four: Log on with whom ever has administrative capabilities.

Step five to last: Follow the on screen procedures to what exactly you would like to do and your done.

**If this step does not work then either the manufacturer of the the computer changed the key for advanced boot options and you will have to find this out (or email me with the manufacture and i will try my best to find it out for you) or your computer doesn't support this feature. You can also use recovery disks if you have them.

If you have any questions feel free to im me on yahoo messenger: billy23557@yahoo.com

Try doing a Systems Restore. Not sure what operating system you have but I have Windows XP and in order to do this I would go to Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore. Once you have entered that section, find the "previous" date in which you would like to restore your system and click it.

press F11 at start up for hp F8 for dell or use your recovery disks

maybe if u pull the battery out...

this video tell u how.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmHtjY39iLU

Youtube thumbnail

Source(s): best answer plz =)