Trouble writing a haibun for english?

I have to write a haibun for english and it is due tomorrow. My teacher didn't explain the assignment too well. Most of the class doesn't even know what a haibun consists of! The most I got out of his explanation is that it's a journal entry of sorts, with haikus after a couple paragraphs. We learned that a haibun is usually a journey, a personal journey or a physical one. I really haven't been on any type of journies, but at the moment I can only think of this lemonade stand my brothers and I built when we were younger. Would that be a good choice to write a haibun about? How would I go about doing so? This is what I have so far:

The sun’s rays shine into my room through the sheer curtains. I hear the sound of my brothers’ footsteps, full of enthusiasm. They tell me it’s the perfect day and to get out of bed. Noises of pots and pans and the aroma of my favorite oatmeal travel into my now brightly lit room.

Am I on the right track?

Favorite Answer

this is just a small sample of the info on "haiabun" that is found on the website below

Haibun is a literary composition that combines prose and haiku. The range of haibun is broad and includes, but is not limited to, the following forms of prose: autobiography, biography, diary, essay, historiography, prose poem, short story and travel.

for more try the website, there is a good amount of info