Kevin asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Is there a chance the Pittsburgh Pirates are anywhere near .500 this season?

I am a hopeless Pirates fan who always gets excited at the beginning of the year and I'm not sure why.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I really hope the Pirates can put a magical season together this year. I was 4 years old the last time the Pirates had a winning season, so I hear ya, I am one of those fans hoping they will finally break through. The thing is, it is bound to happen, no team loses forever. They are really going to have to overcome not having a high payroll and working with the young players they have. I think the Pirates can win 75 games this year, I don't know if they will hit 82, but I surely hope so.

Source(s): Lifelong Pirates fan.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

I inform you what brother, I have followed the Bucs for over 40 years and it is their best crew because the early 90s. I actually imagine the Pirates have a probability to compete this 3 hundred and sixty 5 days! they have a reliable starting off pitching team, youthful yet with a years journey below their belt. even inspite of the undeniable fact that they traded away Mike Gonzalez, they nevertheless have a good bull pen. I actually imagine they are going to be contenders interior of two years!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Don't worry, Eric Hinske will make everything better. Hahaha. Seriously, yes there is, if only for the fact that this is a young team that is one year better. Do they have a chance to do anything more than that? Heck no. So although I would be greatly surprised if they reached .500, I wouldn't completely count it out. Stranger things have happened. See Rays, Tampa.

• 1 decade ago

Sign the Steelers defense to block the infield and then sign Evgeni Malkin and Sergei Gonchar for Power. Ha!

I feel you... welcome to my life as an O's fan. We've been waiting over 10 years for our teams to finish a season over .500 and yet nothing has happened. Keep the faith. It hasn't helped, but you are a true fan and one day our owners will get the punishments they deserve while our teams dominate.....some time soon I hope

Source(s): O's fan
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I hope so. Im a Cubs fan and i hate watching the Cardinals and Brewers fight for 2nd place. I would love to see the Pirates or Reds in 2nd in 3rd.

They might, i doubt it, but i hope so.

• 1 decade ago

There is a chance just look at the Tampa Bay Rays. They were below .500 team and look what improvement that they made in one year.

• 1 decade ago

yeah they might get 500 fans to come to a game once or twice. but that's about it. even less when they trade mclouth by the deadline for a few deadbeat prospects. you're not excited about the pirates anyway, it's just leftover from the super bowl parade.

whassamatta? truth hurts?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Its possible. I mean, I really don't see them being successful this season, but just being "near .500" doesn't necessarily equate to a great season. I don't see them doing well in the division, I don't see them making the playoffs, but anything can happen.

• 1 decade ago

No, not this year.

• 1 decade ago

theres always a chance brother, be positive.

the rays had quite a season out of nowhere, right?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.