Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

Renewal of TX ID Card at the DPS office?

I went to the DPS office to renew my TX id card;

The lady told me that I had to go to the Social Security office to change my name on the SS card to be able to renew it because my TX id AND my Social Security is a tiny bit different,because my social security has my MAIDEN name ONLY,and on my TX id,it has my maiden name AND my married last name.

I don't wanna change my last name on my social security,I am currently doing immigration paperwork and they have my info. in ONLY my maiden name,I would hate to have to complicate it,the immigration already take a long time and have enough to deal with.

I think the lady was just being difficult with me,

or is she correct,if so,I don't understand WHY did they NOT say anything when I went and got my first TX id card?

I know in life,some people are being more helpful than others,some are nice and some have an attitude (for no reason).

Should I have my name changed or was the lady wrong?


Social Security Card: Jane Jackson

TX id card: Jane Jackson-Doe.


3 Answers

  • Coleen
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Your name will need to be the same on all of them.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

    More info please. How did they end up as 2 different names in the first place? Usually they take the info right from your SS card.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago


    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.