Internet explorer cannot open the internet site?

Today my computer has started having a box pop up when i go to websites that says "Internet explorer cannot open the internet site" and then it says "operation aborted". So I click "ok" then it goes to the webpage that says internet explorer cannot display the webpage. and gives me options to diagnose connection problems. But It dosn't have any problems come up. So I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if anyone knows why its doing this and can resolve the problem. Thanks!

Best Answer

If you have Internet Explorer in your add/remove programs you can select it to run a "repair" with Internet Explorer. This may help.

You may have malware - make sure you run a virus check and a spyware check. AVAST is free anti-virus and Spybot Search and Destroy is a good anti-spyware tool.

I hate to be ineffective here, yet i'm interior the comparable boat. If all people has a definitive answer, please e mail me. Edit: ok i presumed that it is going to have been between the updates. I have been given the two a domicile windows replace and an iTunes replace the day previous to this. I bumped off the domicile windows replace, the positioning nonetheless aborted (whoops, desire i did no longer prefer that). I bumped off the Apple cellular gadget help, comparable element. I bumped off the newest version of iTunes, which grow to be as much as date the day previous to this and reinstalled it. comparable issue. Screw information superhighway Explorer. i'm pissed.

You might be hijacked. You can always try resetting the winsock in XP.

use firefox it wont quit out as often!

• Mylie

use firefox