How seriously should the Yahoo Answers site be taken?

Hi, I have only recently signed up to Yahoo answers, I thought it was a knowledge exchange thing rather than a social site, but having read some recent questions, and answers, I have even found some well established members giving 'silly' or unhelpful answers. Please dont get me wrong, I think the... show more Hi,

I have only recently signed up to Yahoo answers,

I thought it was a knowledge exchange thing rather than a social site, but having read some recent questions, and answers, I have even found some well established members giving 'silly' or unhelpful answers.

Please dont get me wrong, I think the site is great, and the format works really well. but it seems that if you ask a question and it has some potentially funny responses all you get are jokes. It's only very thecnical or boring questions which get sensible answers.

What is your opinion on - How seriously should the Yahoo Answers site be taken?

Thanks in advance for any serious answers/opinions, and of course any less than serious answers ! :-)