Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

How does one go about filing a claim (tort) against the county ?

specifically, claiming personal injury resulting from police misconduct(k9) wounds! this incident occurred in Yolo County, CA.

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Very hard to sue the state, better consult a personal injury lawyer for you only have a certain amount of time after the incident to notify the state of your intent to sue them or you loose the right to sue; note this notification is completely different then the statute of limitation

  • 1 decade ago

    Contact an attorney. They'll help advise you from there.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.