Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 1 decade ago

How do i file for unemployment?

Question says it all. By the way i am located in CA.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If you have been laid off from your job you may be able to file for unemployment online without visiting an unemployment office. In many states, unemployed workers can apply for unemployment benefits online or over the phone. In New York, for example, can visit Unemployment Services web site to file a new unemployment claim, claim weekly benefits, or check on the status of an existing unemployment compensation claim. Filing by phone is also an option.

California unemployed workers, as another example, can also file an Unemployment Insurance claim by completing an online form. In addition, there is a form that can printed out, completed, and mailed or faxed, as well as a toll free number to call to file for unemployment via the telephone.

• 1 decade ago

Contact your local State Employment Office, or Workforce Services

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

In California you may file online or at a local EDD office. If you file online, you probably should use Explorer. California has experienced problems with other browsers.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • andy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Go to your local employment office or in some states you can file online.

• 1 decade ago

go to your local unemployment office just bring in all your records and place you worked and they will go over it with you . then they will set you up to sign up on computer

• 1 decade ago

you just go up to your boss and say in an agry voice like GRRRRRRRR!!!!!! AND YOU SAY "I QUIT"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.