i need good free ant virus, anti spyware, and anti malware programs?
Spybot Search and Destroy
malware bytes have been tried, but im looking for different free ones
- Jessica QuellerLv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
All that junk won't protect your computer.
Here's what you should do:
1. Back up your files and reinstall Windows. That way you know you have a fresh start and not any lingering malware.
2. Create a limited user account and use that almost exclusively. Almost all malware targets administrator accounts (the ones set up in Windows by default) and get their hooks into system files. I have never heard of malware targeting a limited user account, but if one ever came about, at least it would be easy to get rid of - just delete that account and create a new one, instead of reinstalling Windows.
3. Google "social engineering" and read the first five results.
4. Don't pirate software, music, or movies.
5. Use Firefox with the NoScript extension.
6. Install Windows updates automatically.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
I've been using Spybot and Adaware 6.0 AVG anti virus, and Zone Alarm free for years and haven't had a problem. I put all of these programs on the computers I've built over the years and once again, no problems. I don't know anything about the other programs though. I'm sure other people will have some insight on them.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
I have used AVG Anti Virus, Zone Alarm Firewall, I have recently added superantispyware and Malwarebytes. They are all free for personal use and I have had no trouble with Viruses Trojans Hackers etc. I have just upgraded to AVG free 8.0 and all seems good so far. Zone Alarm allows a lot of personal configuration unlike the Windows Firewall. They can all be downloaded from http://www.download.com/ I also use Windows Defender from the Microsoft site. It is safe to use two anti-spy products but never use more than one A/V as it can cause conflicts. You should run A/V and anti spy weekly. Hope this helps
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 1 decade ago
If you're looking for a great antivirus program that does not slow down your computer use AVG antivirus. A bonus - there is a free version. I am a computer technician who has been using the free version for over 5 years.
There are important steps you must take before downloading and installing any cleaning software. Check out my blog (www.fvillage.com/pctune) on the subject with easy to understand steps to clean your infected computer. You can find the download(s) at my website (www.fvillage.com/repair) under free software.
Keep your computer running it’s best.Source(s): www.fvillage.com/pctune www.fvillage.com/repair personal experience