When was the Last Time a Movie Had a Star Studded Cast?

Like, that of The Departed. I mean I have not witnessed a cast like that, since The Godfather. Was that the last time a movie had a star studded cast, like that and how come movie producers do not look for casting, like this is it because of the financial burden. Director: Martin Scorsese = Legend Leonardo... show more Like, that of The Departed. I mean I have not witnessed a cast like that, since The Godfather. Was that the last time a movie had a star studded cast, like that and how come movie producers do not look for casting, like this is it because of the financial burden.

Director: Martin Scorsese = Legend

Leonardo DiCaprio - Starred in one of the highest grossing movies of all-time in the Titanic and has been in many other renowned great movies and is praised for his acting. What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Catch Me If You Can, Gangs of New York, The Aviator, Blood Diamond, and Revolutionary Road.

Jack Nicholson - Is an American icon and one of the most versatile and talented actors that has been nominated for 12 Academy Awards, winning 3 of them, and a slew of other awards

Mark Wahlberg - Is not as well known as his star studded cast. But, is making a nice name for himself w/ and transitioned himself into a promising actor w/ movies, such as Basketball Diaries.

Martin Sheen - Has had a great career in movies and TV.
Alec Baldwin - A great actor

*Would have included iconic actor and one of the greatest actors of all-time in Robert De Niro. If it were not for prior commitments in filming Good Shepard.