Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

How do you feel about all those Christians protesting the Oscars with their Hate Signs?

Sean Penn mentioned in his acceptance speech how the people protesting at the Oscars will regret when their great grandchildren are shamed by their actions. He was talking about gay marriage. It can only mean the protesters were anti-Milk.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

It seems only fundie is so obsessed with buttsecks.

I am not into it so I don't waste time or energy thinking about it.

~

• ?

I think it is great!

It is not your friends that make you famous it is your enemies.

They did not help their cause they only brought more attention to their opponent's

How many children today can say I'm proud that my grandfather stood up against equal rights? Penn has a point.

Spread the Hate of God. It makes atheism just that more appealing.

I didn't watch. What were they protesting this time? Protesting anything causes more people to go and see what all the fuss is about.

Protest and boycott seem to the rage ever since prop 8. If violent homos can protest and boycott, why can't Christians?

Just demonstrates how extremist and nasty christians have become but then America will reap the benefits as more and more people are pushed away from christianity by it and sanity can return to the nation!!

I didn't see it. But I support the right to free speech even if I disagree with the speech.

People protesting anything over religion makes me feel ashamed to be grouped with them as "American"

I wish you had been more specific since I didn't see it. However, I think that Christians and Republicans are being accused of using this "hate speech" whenever they stand for what they believe in anymore. It's the new liberal tactic of disarming any opposition. Just call it hate speech.

It's pretty pathetic.I'd picket the funeral of Fred Phelps, which can't come soon enough, but I don't want to become subhuman like them.

It doesn't surprise me. I hope they're all stewing in their own hate because the film MILK won best screenplay.