R&P: What would the music world look like today without MTV?

I want everyone's thoughts, to me, I think music in the mainstream would be much more creative and artistic. To me, I think MTV kind of shoves their music down everyones throat telling society what music is "cool" and what music is "throw back cool" and so on, and so forth. On the other... show more I want everyone's thoughts, to me, I think music in the mainstream would be much more creative and artistic. To me, I think MTV kind of shoves their music down everyones throat telling society what music is "cool" and what music is "throw back cool" and so on, and so forth. On the other hand, Music videos would seem much more boring than they already were.

Well, those are my 2 cents.. how about you?
Update: I know Mtv is mostly reality shows now, but im talking as a whole, a few years back they were really playing mainstream rap to death.
Update 2: I think we were doing ok in the music department before MTV came along answer number 13.