Ear wax removal without drops or syringe?

Hi, uhh, my ears are blocked up with ear wax, and they have been for like, years, I can hear pretty well but I know there's wax in there because the Doctor checked it out.. I had them syringed once but it didn't do anything, I just went deaf in one ear for a night, and was told to use ear drops, but now... show more Hi, uhh, my ears are blocked up with ear wax, and they have been for like, years, I can hear pretty well but I know there's wax in there because the Doctor checked it out.. I had them syringed once but it didn't do anything, I just went deaf in one ear for a night, and was told to use ear drops, but now I'm just terrified to put absolutely anything in my ears, is there any other method of atleast softening ear wax without putting ear drops in?
Update: Oh one more thing, I know it hurts to go on a plane with blocked ears but can the pressure damage your ears if they're blocked with ear wax?
Update 2: Thank you emeraldcityserendity