can you get brain cancer from sleeping with cell phone?

i sleep by mine right on the side of my pillow, so it's rather close to my head. i am now worried that i might get brain cancer from this. is this a possibility? the reason i sleep with it is because i use it for my alarm.

should i stop?

i do NOT want brain cancer just because i am too lazy to buy a real alarm clock.

thanks.

Update:

i've been sleeping with it for months now

8 Answers

Relevance
  • John
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

For the short time that you have been doing it is unlikely that you will have any adverse effects.

But, as you may be aware mobile phone continually transmit a location signal at regular intervals and therefore you will be continually exposed to RF which over a period of time can and would most likely be detrimental to your health. Are you likely to get brain cancer? If you keep sleeping with the phone, maybe!

Why risk it? Get an alarm clock and keep the phone at a safe distance.

Source(s): - Telecommunications Engineer - Cancer Survivor
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): 100% Free Cell Phone : http://freecellphones.iukiy.com/?vmYE
  • 7 years ago

Study shows that sleeping next to your mobile phones are extremely dangerous due to its harmful radiation.

Source(s): www.myelomacrowd.org
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Just for one night? No way. They don't give off more radiation than a television screen. Do you think that if you slept with your face on a TV screen for a night that you would get brain cancer? No way. Not going to happen.

Not only that, but they are COMPLETELY inert when you are not making a call! They only give off microwaves when they are RECEIVING an ACTIVE telephone call. It would make this no different than sleeping with an MP3 player or something like that.

And whoever told you that is a jerk.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

If you are only using it as an alarm clock, check out if it has an Auto On setting.

That way you can leave it turned off, so no radiation danger and it will turn itself on to sound the alarm.

It also means you don't get woken by crank calls from drunk friends or wrong numbers over night.

• 1 decade ago

if sleeping next to a cell phone gives you brain cancer, then sleeping next to a lamp gives you skin cancer.

• catty
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

It's a possibility. Turn the alarm on loud and sit it on your nightstand.

• Canute
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Conceivably. Why do it?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.