Diabetes, Muscle Pain, and Hallucination?

My dad is a Diabetic. Although is refuses to go on meds. So he is always high, or low. For a while he was eating really well, and he was staying in the 110-120 range, but then he stopped eating well. A few weeks have passed. Every night at the dinner table, half way (to the tee) through his meal, he starts... show more My dad is a Diabetic. Although is refuses to go on meds. So he is always high, or low. For a while he was eating really well, and he was staying in the 110-120 range, but then he stopped eating well.

A few weeks have passed. Every night at the dinner table, half way (to the tee) through his meal, he starts loosing it. He gets glossy eyed, and begins to complain of fatigue, and dizzyness, "my head, my body, its all spinning wildly!"

Tonight he was laying on my bed, and in mid sentence he just fell asleep, we let him sleep just to see what would happen.
Thirty min later, we go wake him up. It took us about ten min to get him to get slightly alert and another five to get him to comprehend what we were saying. He is swelled, his hands, legs, and most of his body.

He then said he couldnt feel his legs, they are tingling and numb.

We finaly got him moving around and he is in his bed, but we are trying to figure out if this is related to diabetes or if it is another condition.

He has woken up a few times thinking it is morining and we are going to do something "today", (i.e. snowmobieling, skiing, to the city)

And I am going on a trip to San Fran tommorow and he completely forgot about it when he woke up.

He is 39 years old.
1 answer 1