TmL asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

REALLY need a English to French translation...?

"Legally the owner of the vehicle has to pay because this particular offense is known as a vehicular infraction. If the ticket is a result of a problem with the vehicle itself and not the driver, vehicle is ticketed, and since each vehicle has an owner, the bill is directed to the owner. In this case, Claude is the owner, and it was his vehicle that had problems with its headlights. If the ticket was a personal offense and not a problem with the vehicle, it would be known as a personal infraction. IE: if Luc was driving Claude's vehicle and made a red light right turn at an intersection that does not allow red light right turns, then it would obviously be Luc's fault and not the vehicle's fault, therefore Luc would have to pay. However, this is not the case, as the problem is with the car itself and as Claude is the legal owner of the car he must pay for the ticket."

I need this entire paragraph translated from English to (Canadian) french.

Not through an online translator, as those result in incorrect grammar. I need someone who actually knows French fluently to translate this for me. I know I'm asking a lot, but I'd REALLY appreciate if anyone could do this for me.. Thanks!!!

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Selon la loi, le propriétaire d'un véhicule doit payer cette amende, car cette infraction particulière est connue sous le terme d'infraction de véhicule. Si l'amende découle d'un problème avec le véhicule et non avec le conducteur, la contravention est adressée au véhicule, et puisque chaque véhicule a un propriétaire, la facture est envoyée à ce dernier. Dans ce cas particulier, Claude est le propriétaire, et c'est son véhicule qui avait une défectuosité aux phares. Si l'amende avait été une infraction personnelle et non de véhicule, elle aurait été émise comme telle. C.-à-d.: Si Luc conduisait le véhicule de Claude et faisait un virage à un feu rouge à une intersection qui ne le permet pas, la faute en reviendrait évidemment à Luc et non au véhicule, et par conséquent Luc aurait à payer. Toutefois, cela n'est pas le cas, et comme le problème est relié au véhicule dont Claude est le propriétaire légal, c'est lui qui doit payer la contravention.

Source(s): Native French Canadian
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.