Why do so many men(mainly black men) prefer light skinned girls?

Okay so I am wondering, WHY do so many men prefer to be with a light skinned woman then dark skinned? What is it? Do darker women disgust you? Do they not smell as nice? Are the bitchy? (I think it's more light skinned girls that r bitchy than dark (no offense). I once asked my guy what would he prefer( I... show more Okay so I am wondering, WHY do so many men prefer to be with a light skinned woman then dark skinned? What is it? Do darker women disgust you? Do they not smell as nice? Are the bitchy? (I think it's more light skinned girls that r bitchy than dark (no offense).

I once asked my guy what would he prefer( I know he prefers light or tanned) I said if he had to choose a girl from one whos complexion is light like a sugar cookie, and a girl who is dark like a chocolate chip in a chips ahoy cookie.I told him to be completely honest. He said he'd prefer the sugar cookie. Then I gave him the choice to choose between the sugar cookie, the chocolate chip, and the cookie surrounding the chocolate chip. he said he'd prefer the cookie surrounding the chip.

Then at school recently, I asked two of my guy friends (both black) do they prefer lighter skinned or darker skinned girls. They didn't hesitate to say they preferred light skinned. I asked them why, and they said "Cause, light skinned girls are just fine!...they just got the pretty hair, and they dont never gotta put on lotion, they got nice lips and pretty feet and hands...Dark skinned girls be just, nappy and ashy and...I just wouldnt prefer to be with a dark skinned girl."

Some prefer light skinned girls cuz that's all that's available (if they r black but live in areas that are dominantly white(like suburban Michigan for example).

Some are prejudice and dont like dark skinned females cuz they honestly do think they are attractive...

Some say dark skinned black girls bring to much drama....

I have also noticed that many darker girls are attracted to lighter guys, and lighter guys to darker girls...I am not dark skinned nor do I consider myself light, and I attracted guys of all colors, but I am just making a general statement based on observations.

I mainly want men to answer this, but anyone is free to. Also if I am wrong about this preference I've noticed, just say so, no one is meant to be left out of this topic. I know I am generalizing btw, but this seems FACT to me, and this topic is almost always ignored, and next thing you know, dark skinned girls are bleaching their skin because they feel unworthy, and like they are not beautiful because their skin isnt light...
Update: um, hell yeah I actually HEAR ppl say they prefer lighter girls. Did u not read the details of my question where u will see that I said two of my male friends SAID they preferred light skinned girls? And my own guy prefers tanned girls?...I also saw it on an episode of Tyra Banks. This isnt all in my head, I SAID... show more um, hell yeah I actually HEAR ppl say they prefer lighter girls. Did u not read the details of my question where u will see that I said two of my male friends SAID they preferred light skinned girls? And my own guy prefers tanned girls?...I also saw it on an episode of Tyra Banks. This isnt all in my head, I SAID it's observation, and plenty of guys I've seen have said it. As long as you ppl keep saying things like how you are, this will continue to be ignored, and people will continue to hate themselves.