Internet Explorer -vs- Firefox -vs- Opera . Which one is the best?

I am aware that I must atleast keep IE6 installed (though I have IE7) in order to get windows updates... but, besides that, which engine is the best for a person who spends countless hours online daily.... streaming videos, music, and chatting?

(you'll probably say firefox, but, to be truthful....firefox doesn't impress me.....at all)

Favorite Answer

yes. its faster and more configurable.

There are quicker browsers than firefox but it has a lot more features than them.

With add-ons, this is how my copy functions:

There are no advertisements and no popups in the web pages I see on it. These are all blocked so I never have to look at them.

It notifies me if I visit any dangerous websites before it opens them - protecting my computer

It notifies me how Im going with my buying and selling on ebay. Lets me know if Im losing bids.

It downloads flv videos (youtube etc) (shows a download button under every video I watch so I can click on it if I want to download it)

I Never lose bookmarks (reformat virus, etc),, and no matter what computer I use and wherever I go my bookmarks are always available

It shows questions on Y! Answers with less than 2 answers in a different color so I can see at a glance what questions need answering and what already have enough answers

it shows links on imdb pages to other sites relating to the films im looking up

it allows me to change the size of the text boxes on Y Answers with ctrl+enter so I can see my whole answer

And it looks like google Chrome

---obviously its a personal setup, and Im not suggesting this would all be something everyone needs, but the point of the information is to show how customisable Firefox is. This configuration makes my life a lot easier on the web. I can get more done and my machine is safer. IE offers nothing similar which is why I like FF so much.

Ever since Firefox 3 came out, it has been the lead browser in the whole history of the Internet. (Well, Internet Explorer is still the most well-known) 1. I have used Opera and no, it is not the fastest web browser. It loads images slow, and it has that weird Japanese flag (the white box with the red circle) before fully loading up the image. I hate that. It doesn't use that little memory. Since FF3 came out, the memory usage has decreased by a whole lot. Firefox has way more features, with the additional add-ons which will definitely make it the best browser out there. 2. Firefox uses less memory. It is also faster. 3. Opera isn't as well-known as Firefox, so that may be the reason why they don't use it. Also because Firefox IS the ultimate browser, not Opera. (No offense.) 4. Uh, sorry. I don't understand the question. I'm only 13 5. No comprendooo. Even though all of the questions I answered (3/5; :P) seem to be siding with Firefox, which was the point, I am speaking as a unbiased average Internet surfer.

Firefox with these ad-ons is the best, No Script, Flash Block, Ad-Block Plus and Wot, and Distrust.,

Source(s): From Experience

I would recommend you Opera, it's a cool browser with a lot of innovations. With Opera, you will be continuously surprised. And you don't need to install extra stuff, cool features are already included in the browser.

• shane

Firefox. It's the most secure.

Its all the same ****, use Firefox if you want access to a huge database of addons.

• firefox

firefox is the best

non of them the best is apple safari it's completely free just go on to the apple website and search for it good luck!

Source(s): got internet

confusing stuff. do a search into a search engine. that will may help!