Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsBirds · 1 decade ago

What should I feed my pet Canada Goose?

I recently bought a pet Canada Goose, I don't know what to feed her to ensure maximum nutrition.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The natural diet of Candian geese includes tender grasses and other plant materials. Canadian geese are herbiverous grazers. Seeds and grains are the best food for them since they like to graze on grass in the wild. Birdseed and cracked corn are their favorites. They can also eat hen scratch, which is a combination of corn, wheat, barley, and oats. This can be purchased at a feed store. When you feed the geese, it's best to place handfuls of grain spaced 10-15 feet apart so each bird has enough space to eat.

You can occasionally give them bread or popcorn. The occasional treat won't hurt them.

Source(s): Frequently feed geese and ducks
  • 6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What should I feed my pet Canada Goose?

I recently bought a pet Canada Goose, I don't know what to feed her to ensure maximum nutrition.

Source(s): feed pet canada goose: https://tr.im/Y45K8
  • 1 decade ago

They are illegal to buy. Oh well, as long as it has a good home

Feed it crcked corn Thats what I fed my geese and ducks. And make sure he or she had water too.

feed it fruits like watermelon and veggies like corn and lettuves romane or spinach

Source(s): animals lover
  • ?
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Canadian Geese Food

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I didn't know that you could have them as pets, but that is pretty cool. In the wild I think they eat grass, but I'm not sure. Good luck!

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Yes they eat just about anything. They stay year around on the lakes hear in seattle,

• 1 decade ago

If you have afeed store around you can feed for it .dosnt matter what kind they are.A lot of people have them .

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

aww you lucy person. always wanted a canad of my own

• 1 decade ago

canadian geese are illegal to own...before you get into trouble you should contact your local DNR officer and turn the bird in...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.