Has my doctor given me the right dose of sertraline hydrochloride(ZOLOFT)?

My doctor prescribed me zoloft and has given me this to treat depression and panic dissorder. He has given me a 100mg dose and this is the first time i have ever used this antidepressant. I experienced terrible side affects so bad i almost had to take myself to hospital, i couldnt breathe and my body went numb. I... show more My doctor prescribed me zoloft and has given me this to treat depression and panic dissorder. He has given me a 100mg dose and this is the first time i have ever used this antidepressant. I experienced terrible side affects so bad i almost had to take myself to hospital, i couldnt breathe and my body went numb. I couldnt speak properly as when i tried everything i said made no sense, i was sick and panicky and shaking, the paranoia was bad too. I have now calmed down but still feel terrible, could this be because my dose is too high or is this a common side affect?