Admiral Awesome asked in PetsRodents · 1 decade ago

is this big enough for two ferrets?

i'm going to build a cage for my ferrets, it will be 1.2 metres wide 0.6 metre deep and will have two levels plus lots of hanging toys ropes, bridges etc

is it big enough for two ferrets to speend most of their time in?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Well it is adequate but I would make it at least twice that size with several levels, tubes and holes and lots of different compartments. I have often used short lengths of 3 and 4 inch diameter plastic pipe to make cages more interesting for ferrets, including peices which act as slides. You will need at least two dead end compartments which will be sleeping quarters and one larger, easily accessible one which will be their toilet.

Source(s): 62 years in a roundhouse with a harmonium and a ginger cat.
  • 1 decade ago

When they are awake they should spend that time outta cage they ain't like gerbils they are more akin to dogs and cats and not confined to a hutch or cage 24/7 plus theres the fact they won't get tame enough if you don't interact outside of the cage

• 1 decade ago

It seems suitable,. though adding an extra layer or something will make the ferrets happier, because they need as much room as possible. Either way, just so long as it's not too small, they'll be Ok if they have lots of time out of the cage!

Good luck :)

• JA12
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

With ferrets, the bigger the better. They are incredibly active when they are not asleep.

If you give them loads of tubes and hiding places with lots of holes to squirm in and out of.

They need their environments changed frequently to keep them happy.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

definitely. good for you! Building a cage is way more flexible and cheaper than buying one at a shop. =)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you have them out to play every day for four hours minimum, it will be fine.

• 1 decade ago

yes

• 1 decade ago

I will make it at least twice the lenght.

• 1 decade ago

Yes no problem at all.

Source(s): Field sports ME.
  • 1 decade ago

it probably is but to be on the safe side i would double your dimensions

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.