Women, do you remember the old sanitary belt, before they invented the self adhesive pads.?

Anyway is anybody reminded of these when they see the young girls showing their thong above their pants. We would have died rather than had something like this showing. It just reminds me of that. LOL.

Best Answer

I preferred the old sanitary belts. They stayed in place better.

As for thongs, I never got the cloth in the butt thing to begin with. It is panties for me, panties that do not show!

The crazy thing was I was in the hospital when I first got mine & they brought out the whole contraption. That blew my mind because this was a technologically advanced hospital & they had these things when the self-adhesive ones were already on the market & widely used (this was the 70s). I was thinking, Dang, I've got regular peel & stick pads at home... It still makes no sense why the hospital had the 'other version'. My mom went to a local store & bought some regular ones for me, lol. The older contraption was a real hassle.

As for the thongs, the ones w/decorative things showing above the back of the jeans don't bother me too much. I don't care for the strings on either side of the hips pulled up, tho. I'm just not a thong person. I try to get underwear out of there...don't know why they made it to specifically fit in there...they're too uncomfortable for me.

Back in the 70s I like hip-huggers, but the extremely low rise jeans...I'm not a big fan. Muffin tops. Crack. They're not an attractive booty fit...

• -

Yes, that was a very awkward time for me. I hated those belts. I think the girls love to show the thongs, why else would they wear low-cut jeans with them? I worked in a college dorm for a few years, it embarrassed me to see that when they bent down to pick up something, and yes I guess it reminded me of napkin belts.

Oh my hat! To show any underwear was a total embarrassment.

When I was young just started work in a very big mixed office, went to the toilet and my skirt had got caught in my pants. I walked the full length of a very long office like that. I wanted to leave!

• Bettie

I wore them as a young teen until my gynecologist told my mom to have me use tampons instead. They dug painfully into the crack between the butt cheeks, even making the skin raw and irritated. They tended to shift in position, causing leaks. I agree with a previous poster that they were invented in Hell. Very uncomfortable, nothing at all stimulating about them.

OMG I had forgotten about those hideous things. My grandmother bought me the first one I ever owned and she said "She's is a Young Lady now" and needs these things. NOT!! I hated them. The young ladies of today have it easy compared to us. Lord knows I pinned them, and wore the sanitary panties to and nothing worked. Maybe that's why I never wore thong under wear. Thanks for that memory LOL.

• mamad

Yes I remember wearing the belt! Also wearing a garter belt to hold up my fish net stockings! It was horrible - had to be a man that invented it huh? Thank God those days are over. lol

• Stella

Oh yes, what horrible memories that brings back ! When I look at the feminine section at the supermarket, I think of how fortunate young women are today, they have so many choices and every choice is a nice one.

Sorry,that brought a wry smile to my face,but Self adhesive pads brings visions of the 'velcro' effect'

I rember my gaffer doing a little fidgeting and occasional discreet adjustment

• deb

Ha ha ha. Those were the days....NOT. I remember when they came out with a big "breakthrough" and sold underpants with just the clip things attached front and back. That way you did not have to wear the belt and underwear too. It was an all-in-one. Trouble was they lined the crotch with plastic for extra security, and I'll tell ya, just try wearing those on a hot summer day!!!