How long before I can drink alcohol after taking vicodin?

I have a prescription for vicodin and I took one around 11AM this morning. I'm going out with some friends tonight around 10-11PM, and I was wondering if it would be ok to drink alcohol? Will the vicodin still be in my system? I don't want to do anything that can be of harm to myself.

Best Answer

Vicodin stays in ones system for at least twelve hours. It may be harmful to your liver to use vicodin and drink alcohol as well. Vicodin, whether you realize it or not, will make you drowsy; and that, on top of alcohol, is not a good idea (driving wise). I would not recommend drinking alcohol and taking vicodin. Be careful!!

Immediately. Vicodin and booze go GREAT together! Little known fact: alcohol reacts with vicodin to release vitamin C into your system. It's good for you. And it's delicious!

Well if u have a prescription that makes everything o.k. hope them pills ain't in an un-marked bottle. Remember the Graveyards r full of bodys that messed with "Nature"!

u never know what mix is bad 4 u as an individual. i know lots of people who mix tons of meds w alcohol and are fine and i know some who died. the dr. will tell u if ur honest w them., but 12 hours seems long enough although i don't know how much you took

• Jane

If the one this morning was your last dose, then go ahead and have a couple. If you intend on taking more, I suggest you don't drink.