Denver Pit bull bans,why?

I have to spend the summer with my mom in colorado, and wished to bring my pit bull with me. however reading the laws that have been passed there (denver namely) on the pit bull bans, i cant. Why do people assume that all pit bulls are aggressive, because some are? Yes, i know pit bulls can be very... show more I have to spend the summer with my mom in colorado, and wished to bring my pit bull with me. however reading the laws that have been passed there (denver namely) on the pit bull bans, i cant.
Why do people assume that all pit bulls are aggressive, because some are?

Yes, i know pit bulls can be very aggressive, are very strong and capable of kill you, and rather temperamental, but what (large) dog isent?
Update: I'm not saying their really gental, their hyper and get mean at times. But why band a dog cause it can be mean, when other dogs can to? I've had a german shepard try to rip me to shreds before, but theres no band on them.