Why are some generics so expensive?

i am on a medication called Fluoxemine. it's a generic for luvox. for the generic it cost $174. why is it so expensive? you would think it would be cheap that it was a generic. i've been on about 5 medications altogether, but Fluoxemine has been the ONLY one that has helped! that's why i'm... show more i am on a medication called Fluoxemine. it's a generic for luvox. for the generic it cost $174. why is it so expensive? you would think it would be cheap that it was a generic.

i've been on about 5 medications altogether, but Fluoxemine has been the ONLY one that has helped! that's why i'm taking it!
the other medications i have been on before have been: effexor, citalopram, zoloft (it was a generic for zoloft but i don't remember the generic name), flouxetine, and i was on Fluoxemine in hte past. like i said, Fluoxemine is the ONLY one that has helped a little bit! the only ones have only made me emotionally worse or didn't help at all! so i'm sticking with Fluoxemine! but, WHY are generics so expensive? is there a way i could get Fluoxemine cheaper without insurance?
1 answer 1