What do you know about fires in Australia?

How much do people in other countries about the the recent fires in Australia? Here in Australia you hear about it every day. But what about you?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It was the top headline on the Drudge Report for several days. I don't watch a lot of local coverage here so I don't know about that. I know that many people have died and there was to be an investigation into some of the fires on the basis that they may have been deliberately set.

I have a dear friend in Australia and several members of her extended family live in the area ravaged by the fires. Fortunately, they all turned out to have gotten out okay but several houses that were in the family for generations were destroyed.

Tragic, horrible business all around.

• 1 decade ago

I hear alot about the fires in Australia and I think it sad. I can relate to the the people over there. I live in Anaheim, California and last year we had fire just a few miles away from us.

• 1 decade ago

We have tons of wild fire here in the US..all the time..it is truly sad when people are killed by these out of control fires

• 1 decade ago

Well I live in California, USA, and they do air that kind of stuff here. I think it's kind of sad that around 200 people died? It's also sad how one person could cause so much damage.

: /

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Here in the US it was head of the world news for a while. I heard they caught a suspect who allegedly started them. If the Aussies had sense like me they would burn the idiot alive who did this.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

To help the Bush Fire Victims, a number of australian singers have joined forces for a charity record.

'Fry Me Kangaroo Brown Sport' goes out on sale this Monday.

that's all i know right know

• ~hels~
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

yes in the uk it has been on the main news a lot

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.