Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelTravel (General)Packing & Preparation · 1 decade ago

I'm stranded on a desert island.....?

what should i bring and how would i survive?!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Is it a true desert island, meaning no fresh water and no trees? In that case you need to bring food, water and shelter...or hope you get rescued real quick.

The thing with being "stranded" it implies that this is an unexpected situation and totally unplanned. Therefore, chances are you won't have what you need.

However, if you know you are heading into an area where it is possible that you could be stranded, you would want to bring:

Water or some way of collecting water, such as a tarp, plastic sheeting.

Water filter/water purification tablets

Fire starting equipment (flint/steel or waterproof matches)

A couple of tarps

Toilet paper

First aid kit

Fishing equipment

Knife

Machete

Extra clothing

Freeze dried food

Multi-function knife

Signal mirror

A cooking kettle

A full-color guide to the local flora

If there is no source of fresh water you can use the tarp or plastic to collect rain, dew or even distill water from the sun. Dig a pit in the sand by the beach. Place the kettle in the center in the bottom of the pit. Place the tarp over the hole and anchor on the edges. Then place a small rock or shell in the center of the tarp so that the tarp sags in the middle (over the kettle). Then wait. In 8 - 24 hours you should collect enough water from evaporation in the kettle that it will keep you from dying of dehydration.

Look for fruit and nut trees, edible grasses, etc.

Build a shelter out of the wind.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

canned foods like pervatives , packets of candy , fruits and water , well bring a pot so you can boil the water to kill the bacteria , that way you dont drink germs

• 1 decade ago

hey, i answered ur "Kill myself" question and i was reported. i just like to say im sorry if i affended u n anyway. i was just trying to help. TRULY, IMM SORRY. I thought i was doing what was n ur best interest. plz add addditional comments to this q to let me know u gt this. plz, thnxz

• HAHAH water and bannanas

you can live a while on that

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

hahaha yeah water and something that doesnt spoil

• 1 decade ago

you should bring ur face

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.