casey
casey asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 decade ago

The level of incompetence at Express Scripts is jeopardizing my son's health, who do I contact with the feds?

Or state government to file a complaint? This is the third time I sitting here expecting medicine, expensive medicine, for my son that is not going to come because of their error. They will not contact you when they screw up and reject a refill. Along with other mistakes once again we are out of medication until tuesday perhaps because they lost the refill info. They assured me days ago it would ship. Who can I call?

My insurance mandates Express Scripts for the expensive meds. As for local pharmacy overide, the local pharmacy will have to order it as well, monday before it comes, at best. This isn't Rolaids that you can pick up a a gas station.

Favorite Answer

You can make a complaint to your state Pharmacy Board.

On Express Scripts web page there is an anonymous compliance and ethics concerns system. You could submit your problems there, although I'm not sure how much help it will be. http://www.express-scripts.com/contact/complianceE...

Also, I think (at least when we had Express Scripts) that there were a couple physical pharmacies that you could fill through instead of using the mail order for your long term prescriptions. It's been awhile though so I might be wrong - worth checking though.

• Penny

My insurance (Aetna) uses Express Scripts also. I used them for about a year and a half and my expensive eye drops were never the same price 2 times in a row. Now, when I need to re-order, I just take the bottle or eye drop container to my drug store and have the prescription transferred to the drug store. I liked mail order because I only needed to order every 3 months but it got to be too much of a hassel, so I now go to Walgreens. I like them much better.

If you are having this many problems with them, then my suggestion would be to go with another company. Hell, if the medicine was that important and it was for my child I would have switched the first time they made a mistake.