My first day as a preschool teacher.. questions!... please help!!!?

Today was my first day and I was kinda thrown into it bc their old teacher quit just yesterday and I was thrown in there myself. The asst. director helped me for the first half hour. But after that I was on my own. These kids were a little unruly and didn't listen too much. I need to get them under control.... show more Today was my first day and I was kinda thrown into it bc their old teacher quit just yesterday and I was thrown in there myself. The asst. director helped me for the first half hour. But after that I was on my own. These kids were a little unruly and didn't listen too much. I need to get them under control. I want Monday to run a lot smoother. Maybe their old teacher was very lax and easy going and let them do whatever. Here are some instances of behaviors and I need to know how to correct them, how to handle these situations.. what to say to them to get them to listen..etc.

1.) At circle, I had to repeatedly tell students to "sit on your bottom" bc they kept moving around and changing positions such as laying on their belly's and then when one kid did that another kid did the same.. so I immediately told them both to sit on your bottom, thats not how we sit in circle"

2.) During circle again, one kid kept moving away and moved off of the carpet and I had to tell him to get back on the carpet and he didn't listen.. and had to keep telling me.. and eventually he did.. but it shouldnt take numerous requests..

3.) During circle, one girl went into the corner and between a bookshelf.. and sat in there and when I told her" come back to circle with us" she said no.. and I went over there and said "come on, everyones sitting for circle.. u have to too.." and she said no. and she was just refusing.. and i didnt know how to handle that situation..

4.) when it was time for lunch, i told everyone to go potty and wash your hands and get ready for lunch.. and one kid just wouldnt. he was over by the couches and I said " come on, it's time to wash your hands and get ready for lunch.. and he outright said no.. and flopped on the couch.. and then i tried to take his hand to guide him to the table and he ran around the room and eventually did sit down with some guiding.. but like i said, he wouldnt listen to the verbal requests..

5.) when I tried to put one kid in time out.. i said come over here and sit here to think about what you did.. and he said no.. but eventually came over with some coaxing or more talking.. when he says no, what is a good response back to that..? just be like.. im not going to ask you again.. come over here. thats what i said.. but it took him a little more to come over... it seems these kids have no fear.. they think they can do whatever.. since this is my first teaching job, I need to know how to get them to listen to authority

6.) during play centers, it was more under control.. but some kids were supposed to be playing with a certain thing,but then decided to venture off and play with something else that i did not say they could.. and i immediately went over and lead them back to their original group.. other kids said i dont want to play this..

in general.. I just want to know the best way to handle situations like these. And if any form of consquences for bad behavior.. what is the best method..