Should Johnson have been "irked" not to be the favorite to win the championship this year?

As the "back to back to back" champ, I too was surprised that the #48 was not the favoite to win it again instead of Carl Edwards............ His response..........."'I heard that at (the preseason Fan Fest) at Daytona that they ranked him as the favorite to win, and I'm like, `Uh, really?... show more As the "back to back to back" champ, I too was surprised that the #48 was not the favoite to win it again instead of Carl Edwards............

His response..........."'I heard that at (the preseason Fan Fest) at Daytona that they ranked him as the favorite to win, and I'm like, `Uh, really? I just won three of these things,''' Johnson said. ``I can't believe I wouldn't be.''

Where I come from, To be the champ, you gotta beat the champ"

Your thoughts!?!?!
Update: choateg.........Do you guys still live under bridges???
Update 2: topshelf.....you have pretty good point but being as straight as a guy could get I would have to say that Jimmie Johnson probably falls into the "pretty boy" category as well.