Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Sometimes christians say "we're just trying to help you Atheists" but WHAT are they trying to help with?

I certainly don't need help finding your imaginary sky pixie, the vast majority of Atheists know full well what religion is all about, it's what made us Atheists in the first place.

So, what could a christian possibly help me with?

26 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Brainwashing. They've got it down to a science.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Apparently, failing to share their superstitious fears constitutes an unhelpful situation.

• 1 decade ago

I believe that nobody can help you if you don't want to be helped. You choose to believe in nothing. I choose to believe in the Creator. If I am wrong, in the end...no harm done. If you are wrong, in the end...you will get your wish--eternal separation from the One who died so that you could have the choice to believe or not to believe.

• 1 decade ago

Perhaps they want to share something special with you like the kind of companionship with your Creator that brings you inner peace, joy, and happiness, It is so rich and deep. The scriptures were written for all to give good physical, mental and spiritual health. It is people that mess it up with disobedience to the true laws of God which boil down to loving their neighbor as they love themselves and to love, appreciate and be thankful to God for all He has given us and what He does for us day by day. Mmm

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Answer no. 1 is right! Xians have nothing to offer the atheist. They are just desperate to get their two-cents in at every opportunity. They know the fallacy of their beliefs at a very deep level and so dragging others down with them is very important to their "being right."

• 1 decade ago

Yeah, they're trying to help you in the same sense that people were just helping that sheep get over the fence.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's all about what they were indoctrinated with. They can't understand why somebody would think differently than they would. They are the same way with people from different religions. Every religion thinks that they are the right way.

• 1 decade ago

Christians believe in God and they also try and spread the love of the great pixie in the sky. They believe that everyone has chance to be in Heaven... if the person 'has religion'. And they want everyone in Heaven. So they're trying to help you get the the dead people in the sky.

• 1 decade ago

Many view us as immoral, unloved, unloving, sad pieces of *****. We're so depressed, so invalid of what is 'right in front of us', that they think they can save us from our 'blind' eyes and 'the devil'.

Obviously, it entirely depends on the individual atheist, but from what I have seen on here and around me, most atheists are pretty happy moral individuals.

• 1 decade ago

You know you don't need help finding their imaginary sky pixie - but they believe you do. That's the trouble with most religions.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You guys need to quit picking on these freaks of Jesus, you are going to cause them to develop another complex in addition to the one they are already inclined toward.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.