Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why do people think that the NYPost article was directed at Obama?

It is clear to anybody who has even an elementary grasp on how government works that congress writes bills. I find it hard to believe that all the "activists" who are on tv calling for boycotts of the Post don't know this simple fact about our government.

If they don't know that congress actually writes the bills then they should be humiliated to have even wasted our time. They have set race relations back another couple decades by obsessing about anything they can twist into a race issue no matter how ridiculous. The ones who are obsessing are the true racists.

1st poster....perfect.

Favorite Answer

As an Obama supporter, I have to say: I 100% agree. Al Sharpton has to get his name in the papers every now and then to keep getting donations.

P.S. I am so emailing that link to Al Sharpton right now

P.P.S. I didn't want to condescend him too much, for fear he would not take me seriously, so here it is:

Reverend Sharpton,

I respect your support for our President during his time in office, and I am a strong proponent of equality for all, and the end of racism as soon as possible in this great nation of ours.

However, I need to point out something you may have missed regarding the cartoon of two policemen shooting the chimpanzee. One of the policemen is remarking to the other one:

"They'll have to find someone else to write the next stimulus bill"

I am well aware of the negative connotations some terrible individuals in the past have made between black people and primates, and that is terrible, but the idea that this cartoon is referring to Obama has a very large problem: The President does not write a bill.

I know it's been awhile since US Government class (Don't feel bad about it, I forgot, and had to be reminded, too!), but the President does not write a bill. Congress does. Here, I am sure you remember these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEJL2Uuv-oQ

Youtube thumbnail

So the cartoon could not have possibly been referring to President Obama. If it would have said

"They'll have to find someone else to SIGN the next stimulus bill"

I would be on the streets right next to you protesting. But since the President does not sign bills, it cannot possibly be referring to President Obama, so I think this is one fight we are better off not fighting to not give the illusion of crying wolf.

• pacdog

This is a sad case but, I knew it was coming sooner or later and this won't be the last of it. Blacks have Always said that they want racial equality but, they are the first ones to trow up the race card when ever they can. Why does Obama's claim to fame need to be that he is the first " Black " president ? Isn't he just another American??? Who is putting race into that equation ?? not me.

Pelosi wrote the bailout.

I think we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg. Any criticism of BO will be viewed as racist. That is why you don't hear any jokes about him by Leno or any other tv person. They would be tarred and feathered before the show was over. Al Sharpton would be picketing and Jesse would have his knickers in a knot too.

Welcome to the future!

B.H.O. has cut Jackson and Sharpton out, so if they can stir up some b.s.they may get some media b.s.

The Black leaders should deport Sharpton he cause,s his race a lot of unnecessary problems

Because Al Sharpton said so. We that are more intelligent know better, we also know who writes the bills. But, if Al Sharpton said it was about Obama then we damn well better believe it. LOL

Projection - anyone who thinks that was racist is a racist and sees everything in terms of race. That's why "Rev" Sharpton is out front leading the whining.

Because it was Obama who was the biggest advocate of the bill.

Now what exactly does a cop shooting a chimp have to do with a stimulus bill? This guy just wanted to create some controversy and he got it.

AL SHARPTON IS NOTHING MORE THAN A RACIST THUG. THE CARTOON WAS MORE OF AN ATTACK ON THE MORONS THAT WROTE THIS AWFUL SO-CALLED STIMULUS PACKAGE. THAT BELONGS TO DAVID OBEY OF WISCONSIN & NANCY PELOSI NOT B. HUSSEIN OBAMA.

Because they aren't that smart and enjoy pulling the race card every chance they get.

Because they can't remember the lyrics to "I'm just a bill" from school house rock.