Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 1 decade ago

What is the difference between an abrasive and nonabrasive cleaner?

I'm looking to clean an acrylic bathtub and was recommended to use a nonabrasive cleaner but I don't know what this means? Can someone tell me the difference between abrasive and nonabrasive type cleaners?

THANK YOU!

Favorite Answer

Abrasive cleaners use friction (from small grit like particles) to "scrub" the surface clean--they will scratch acrylic tubs. Non-abrasives do not have any "grit" type particles, they are all liquid or foam and they clean through the use of chemicals only.

• mouzon

Abrasive Cleaner

RE:

THANK YOU!

Source(s): difference abrasive nonabrasive cleaner: https://trimurl.im/b35/what-is-the-difference-betw...

An abrasive cleaner contains grit to help in the scrubbing. This works great for most surfaces, but can scratch acryllics.

Non-abrasive cleaners do not damage the material being cleaned, while the abrasive ones might, and they are made with very harsh chemicals :

This cleanser is so versatile, its mild formula is safe enough for cleaning food prep areas and washing dishes, yet it packs the cleaning muscle of a powerful scrub. It cuts through stains, grease, and dirt, but won’t scratch even “delicate” surfaces like glass stove tops or porcelain. It’s perfect for cutting through soap scum on tubs and shower tile.

• roxi

What Is Abrasive

an abrasive cleaner is like tooth paste, it has a small grit in it,

use a liquid cleaner , like soft scrub

Source(s): maint man

abrasive means it scratches