Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Is it true that Thomas Edison invented the light bulb by reading the Quran-(souret alnoor)?

I heard from a friend that it was true.

Favorite Answer

Thomas Edison couldn't have possibly read the Quran, because he had a severe learning disability. He dropped out of school while in grade school (I think about the third grade). He was what we now know as a "kinesthetic learner" (a person who learns by trial and error, and use of their hands). He successfully invented the light bulb after having many failures. He also invented the first phonograph and many other lesser-known things. The man was a genius, but he never learned to read. He learned by listening and using his hands to figure out problems.

Source(s): biography of Edison, and American history texts

I think your friend is getting Thomas Edison mixed up with Thomas Jefferson.

No, but it is true Thomas Edison was an atheist.

Edison -- as I recall from reading his diaries years ago -- was no friend of any religion.

• G C

Dream on.

answer: no, not even close. He was an anti-Semetic (Arab, Jew, whomever)

No, it isn't.

no...