A question for Obama supporters, McCain supporters, Democrats, and Republicans?

I'm a libertarian. Normally I don't try to ask questions that might attract hostility, but I felt this one was worth it. The two groups within the two major parties that I have the biggest problem with, are the social liberals and the social conservatives. Both groups believe in forcing people to do want... show more I'm a libertarian. Normally I don't try to ask questions that might attract hostility, but I felt this one was worth it.

The two groups within the two major parties that I have the biggest problem with, are the social liberals and the social conservatives. Both groups believe in forcing people to do want they believe should be done in society.

A different user ask a question yesterday that got my attention. They asked who a persons greatest enemy is, and who is the only person standing in our way for success. Everyone said that the answer to both questions was yourself. So we are the only ones standing in the way of our success.

That made me think about these two groups and wonder why they are always looking for others to force into doing what they think should be done in society. Social liberals want to force equality through redistribution of everything, and social conservatives want to force morality by regulating peoples personal lives. If everything you believed became law, it still wouldn't change anything. If enough people disagree with you then your beliefs being law wouldn't change anything.

History shows that something being law doesn't stop people, and especially americans, from rising up and overthrowing that law if enough people disagree with it, even if they're the minority. So given that your beliefs becoming law wouldn't necessarily change anything why do you try to force people to do what you want done in society instead of just doing it in the private world instead of through government. Such as being the example.
Update: Question is last two sentences, just forgot the "?", sorry.
Update 2: and before anyone says anything, libertarian aren't for forcing anything we are for less laws in general.
Update 3: Libertarians aren't anarchist look it up
Update 4: You've got to be kidding me, LIBERTARIANS AREN'T ANARCHIST, WE BELIEVE IN LAWS TO PROTECT PEOPLE, WE JUST DON'T BELIEVE IN FORCING ANY ACTION IN GENERAL.