Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 1 decade ago

My mom always tells me this...and it always freaks me out lol but is this true?

That a prophet (I really don't know which one!!) went out to the sea with a man and his name started with a K or something and he saw a little boy and he took the little boy and he killed him. The prophet said "Why did you do that?" and he said because he was gonna grow up being selfish and a kafir even though he is a muslim right now" and then the man saw a builing and under it was gold and he burned the builing down and the prophet said "Why did you do that?" and he said "because under that house is a pile of gold and whoever finds it will become greedy" and my mom said he is still alive today? (maybe she's just trying to scare me..) but is this true?

THANKS I thought I was the only one...

Favorite Answer

[Yusufali 18:74] Then they proceeded: until, when they met a young man, he slew him. Moses said: "Hast thou slain an innocent person who had slain none? Truly a foul (unheard of) thing hast thou done!"

[Yusufali 18:75] He answered: "Did I not tell thee that thou canst have no patience with me?"

[Yusufali 18:76] (Moses) said: "If ever I ask thee about anything after this, keep me not in thy company: then wouldst thou have received (full) excuse from my side."

[Yusufali 18:77] Then they proceeded: until, when they came to the inhabitants of a town, they asked them for food, but they refused them hospitality. They found there a wall on the point of falling down, but he set it up straight. (Moses) said: "If thou hadst wished, surely thou couldst have exacted some recompense for it!"

[Yusufali 18:78] He answered: "This is the parting between me and thee: now will I tell thee the interpretation of (those things) over which thou wast unable to hold patience.

[Yusufali 18:79] "As for the boat, it belonged to certain men in dire want: they plied on the water: I but wished to render it unserviceable, for there was after them a certain king who seized on every boat by force.

[Yusufali 18:80] "As for the youth, his parents were people of Faith, and we feared that he would grieve them by obstinate rebellion and ingratitude (to Allah and man).

Translation of Sahih Muslim, Book 19, Number 4457:

This tradition has been narrated by the game authority (Yazid b. Hurmus) through a different chain of transmitters with the following difference in the elucidation of one of the points raised by Najda in his letter to Ibn Abas: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) used not to kill the children, so thou shouldst not kill them unless you could know what Khadir had known about the child he killed, or you could distinguish between a child who would grow up to he a believer (and a child who would grow up to be a non-believer), so that you killed the (prospective) non-believer and left the (prospective) believer aside.

Lol yes this story is true the prophet is prophet Musa and you can read the whole story in ch 18 of Qur'an i think its towards the last part.

Astagfurallah. That's scary. My mother or father told me a story similar to that one. I think that man turned out to be an angel and was trying to show the Prophet that G-d's intentions are unknown to us as humans or something like that. But your mother's version is freakier. It reminds me of those scary Jinni stories we'd tell each other in the park and at Islam camp. Ugh.

this is the story of Al-Kidr (as) in the Chapter 18 of the Quran

just scroll down to Al-Khidr part : http://theinsanityofthesane.wordpress.com/2006/03/...

That is the story of Hadhrat Musa (as) and his experiences with the very wise Hadhrat Khidar (as)

• .

No. She isn't scaring you. It's true. Read it in Surat al Kahif. The last few pages of it.

But I'm not sure if he is still alive.

That is Moses and Al-Khidr and it is narrated in the 18th chapter of the Quran.

Khidr (as)

In the Qur'an, neither is his name mentioned nor his nickname. He is only mentioned as ' one of our servants'.

It is in Quran

Prophet Khizar (as) and Moses (as)

Nabi Allah.. Khidir(Aw)..

Yes he is still alive..

Every Hajj Season..

if You are Lucky..

He Will Approach you..

but you sure don't know him..