Stem Cell Research and Infusions?

I am wondering if you know of any good resources where I can find information on stem cell transplants. A few days after having a C-section, my cousin became very weak and she could no longer walk. After two years of being paralyzed she recieved a few blood transfusions and was able to walk again, but when the... show more I am wondering if you know of any good resources where I can find
information on stem cell transplants. A few days after having a
C-section, my cousin became very weak and she could no longer walk.
After two years of being paralyzed she recieved a few blood
transfusions and was able to walk again, but when the treatment
stopped she became weak. Now, seven years later my cousin is still
paralyzed and has been in and out of the hospital due to sicknesses
related to her illness. The doctors diagnosed her with polymyositis,
which is an uncommon disease that causes inflammation in your
muscles, even though they truly do not know what is wrong with her.

My mom just recently told me about possible stem cell transfusions and the miraculous things that have been happenig to the people who recieved them. We all are trying to find more information on this type of procedure. Do you know of any good resources or people who can give me more information on stem cell transfusions? Do you know of any stories of people who have recieved stem cell transfusions? If so, can you please send me this information or tell me how I can get hold of it.
Update: Thanks for giving me the heads up about Google. lol...but often times search engines don't sort out the non-legit information. I trust word-of-mouth information to be more legit, because people have already searched for this information or has already experienced what I am asking for. But I am aware that using... show more Thanks for giving me the heads up about Google. lol...but often times search engines don't sort out the non-legit information. I trust word-of-mouth information to be more legit, because people have already searched for this information or has already experienced what I am asking for. But I am aware that using these search engines can give me lots of great information. I hope that you guys have heard of some great information from friends or family. Or, possibly some great .gov, .edu, or .org websites related to this topic.
Thank you so much.
P.S. I do not agree with usage of stem cells from embryos or fetuses.
Update 2: Thank you Jenny! Glad to know that other people diagnosed with polymyositis is looking into this treatment. I will tell me cousin ASAP. Again thanks!